Current IP Highlights
State Convention - Saturday, April 25, 2020 - Location TBD
The annual State Convention will take place on Saturday, April 25, 2020. Location and times still TBD. The main items of business include:
- Nomination/Endorsement of a U.S. Senate Candidate
- Filling State Executive Committee Vacancies as needed (State Secretary, At-Large EC Member)
The IP and Alliance Party "In the News"
Your Independence-Alliance, IP Candidates and National Party in the news:
- Philip Fuehrer and Ben Thome talk politics with a MN perspective, After Dark Podcast, February 16, 2020
- Endorsed CD2 Candidate Brad Svenson out with his new campaign ad, YouTube, February 18, 2020
- Marshall’s Joshua Prine running for Senate Dist. 16, Marshall Independent, February 14, 2020
- New batch of Minnesota candidates energized by barriers broken in 2018, Minneapolis Star Tribune, April 27, 2019
- Two ex-governors help bring big bell to life honor veterans, MN Public Radio, November 11, 2019
- Chris Kelley calls out Rep. Omar’s ‘present’ vote to condemn Armenian genocide, Yahoo News, October 31, 2019
Caucus with the IP on 02/25 - Join us ONLINE!
Join us for our ONLINE Caucus – Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Independence Alliance Party is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: IAP Caucus
Time: Feb 25, 2020 07:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 975 070 831
One tap mobile
+19294362866,,975070831# US (New York)
+16699006833,,975070831# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 975 070 831
Op-Ed Commentary Response: Vote for the Candidates You Support
Recently, an op-ed writer wrote of third parties as spoilers. IP State Chair Phil Fuehrer has written a response encouraging people to vote for the candidates they support.
What do you get when you vote for alternative candidates? You get more voices in the system, more choices at the ballot box and a better chance at a truly responsive and representative government.
Statement from IP Chair Phil Fuehrer on the 11/06/2018 elections
State Chair Phil Fuehrer posted a lengthy statement about tonight’s elections on the party’s Facebook page.
The statement concludes with:
We, the IP, simply, have not finished our work….
…Our ballot candidates tonight – William Denney and Ray “Skip” Sandman put in the work for 2018. They hammered at that stone numerous times. We HAVE made progress, just not quite yet enough of it. THANK THEM FOR THEIR EFFORTS.
We will learn from this and grow. The IP survives and we will see it, again, thrive. Thank you all.
You can read the full statement here.
Upcoming events of interest:
- Caucus with the IP – ONLINE Caucus, February 25, 2020 – 7:30pm start! Check our Facebook Page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/212107859846503/
- Twin Cities Pride, June 27-28, Minneapolis, MN
- State Executive Committee Meeting, Sunday, March 1 (TBD) – 1pm
- State Convention, Saturday, April 25, 2020 (Location/Time TBD)
Email: email@example.com for more information on any upcoming event.
In 1992, a group of Minnesota citizens established a brand new political party—the Independence Party. These bold, visionary citizens were not part of the political elite, captains of industry, or members of the idle rich looking to fill some time. They were ordinary citizens whose disgust with constant budget deficits, big money special interest influence, and extreme ideological dominance forced them to action.
Twenty five year later those same frustrations have only grown worse. The Independence Party continues its work to solving the issues and giving Minnesotans a true voice.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our philosophy is that the only wasted vote is the one cast for something you don’t want. If you’re voting the “lesser of two evils” then you’re wasting your vote. Vote your conscience and it’s never a wasted vote.
We’ve always stood for government and election/campaign finance reform. We still do. There was a time when it was fair to say we didn’t stand for a whole lot more. That has changed. We’ve put flesh to bone and now cover more than 10 broad topic areas with both overarching philosophies in those areas as well as directly related planks. At your leisure please read more about our principles and our platform.